Written by 11 authors
Kregel Publications, 2015
Gregg Davidson: text editor and contributing author
The Grand Canyon is a window into Earth’s history. What do the rocks tell us? Do they reveal a recent “creation week” and the global flood? Or do they reveal the complex and orderly record of an ancient creation? The Grand Canyon: Monument to an Ancient Earth invites Christians, and the curious, to examine the magnificent Grand Canyon to understand how it testifies to an ancient earth with a long and storied history. With stunning full-color photographs, the authors describe and interpret rocks and fossils in the canyon from the river to the rim, contrasting flood geology with modern geology to answer questions such as:
- Can Noah’s flood explain the Grand Canyon?
- Why are there no dinosaur, bird, or mammal fossils in the canyon’s layers?
- How do we know that radiometric dating methods are reliable?
- How can we tell what happened in the unobserved past?
- How long did it take to carve out the canyon?
- Is Young Earth Creationism really biblical?